My experience and skills
I have worked across the public, private and non-profit sectors for employers such as BP Australia, Cognitive Institute and the Medical Protection Society (MPS), and State and Commonwealth government agencies.
As a result, I offer my clients and partners:
- Experience across all aspects of communications planning—research and problem definition, objective setting, developing message and channel strategies, tactical planning and implementation, and evaluation. This means I can create and manage strategies as a whole, and support their implementation.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills across a variety of genres, including complex, theoretical or scientific information.
- A proven ability to tailor communications to different audiences and objectives.
- Considerable experience in developing, or managing the development of, a wide range of marketing communications tactics and activities.
- Experience developing and enhancing organisational resources and processes to improve communications efficiency and quality.
- High standards and attention to detail.
- An understanding of the way private, public and non-profit organisations work.
- Analytical, critical thinking, and conceptual skills that help assess the current situation in light of established criteria, identify or question underlying assumptions, highlight opportunities for improvement, and propose new connections, relationships or solutions.
- An ongoing interest in reputation and brand management.
- The ability to foster and maintain productive and positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Actively contributed to ambitious 2016 revenue and education targets across both MPS and Cognitive Institute portfolios, while also overseeing several business improvement initiatives.
- Twice seconded to the position of Crisis Communications Advisor with the Victorian Department of Human Services during the Victorian Bushfires Crisis and the H1N1 Outbreak.
- Developed and implemented the successful Opal Community Communications campaign, which focused on the successful launch of a low-aromatic fuel to remote Indigenous communities.
- Received multiple corporate awards for communications programs.
- Instigated and wrote the entry for the Premier’s Environmental Sustainability Awards, in which the Department of Education was selected as a finalist.
- Developed and delivered more than 90 campaigns to promote the BP Carwash business, which contributed to a more than 20 per cent increase in sales for the year.
- Outputs from my PhD research have been published in internationally recognised titles and at leading academic conferences, and have informed discussions between leading public health advocates, government ministers, and senior industry figures.